"Access to Knowledge for All"
Joining the Library:
Library membership is free to residents of the Village of Burk’s Falls, the Townships of Armour, Ryerson and McMurrich/Monteith. The information you provide the library when you become a member is protected in the following ways:
- It is used to permit access to computers and on-line resources, ensure that books are returned, fines are paid, and to enforce our Code of Conduct.
- The only people who can view your information are you, or anyone you have authorized to do so. By giving someone your card, you are providing them with authorization. Parents or guardians can view the information on children under 16.
- The only time we may share information with others is for Police Investigations, debt collectors, or Child Welfare.
- We never share your information with online resource sites. We only allow them to check that your card is valid.
- We never share your information with our Internet provider unless we are forced to by law.
- We have no way of finding out the identity of people who visit our website and no way of tracking which sites you visit.
- We only keep a list of items you have borrowed in the past if you ask us to.
- We only send you e-mails in the event we are unable to reach you by phone if you have given us permission to do so.
Information collected under the authority of the Public Libraries Act, RSO 1990, Chapter P44, Section 23, Subsection 4, and will be kept strictly confidential except for the reasons mentioned above.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy, you can e-mail the library’s CEO.
Non-resident membership is $50.00 per year, per person.
Potential patrons must provide proof of address, i.e. driver’s license, to be considered for a library card.
Replacement cost for lost library cards is $5.00 per card.
Most books may be borrowed for up to 3 weeks.
DVDs may be borrowed for up to 7 days.
Interlibrary loans must be returned by the date indicated on the slip in the front of the book.
All materials are due back at the library on the date recorded on the date due slip.
All outstanding fines and invoices must be paid before any new materials may be borrowed.
Late charges will apply to overdue items. Please refer to your check-out slip for due date.